NHK Precision Co., Ltd. (“our company”) actively utilizes a broad range of personal information including personal data entrusted to us by our customers to provide convenient, beneficial and high-quality product services that satisfy our customers. One of the most important responsibilities of our company is to protect personal information from the risk of data leakage, loss and tampering and to protect the rights of our customers and other related individuals.
In addition, our company shall also require subcontractors to which we entrust personal information to abide by this policy and exercise supervision over the subcontractors in an appropriate manner.
Personal information under this policy refers to all personal data owned by our company and data that were obtained or learned through our business activities including personal information on our employees.
Our company shall observe the following:
(1) Establish an organization dedicated to promoting the protection of personal information and designate a personal information protection administrator to ensure the appropriate management of the protection of personal information.
(2) Designate regulations and rules on the appropriate handling of personal information including data acquisition, utilization and provision, and require all our employees shall abide by these.
(3) Restrict the personal information to be outsourced to the minimum extent required, when outsourcing the handling of personal information to an outside party, select a subcontractor that is recognized as a company that handles personal information in an appropriate manner, and require the subcontractor to exercise appropriate management of personal information through secure data management, confidentiality protection, prohibition of re-entrustment and other measures.
(4) Implement appropriate and rational security management measures on the personal information we own or entrusted to us and adopt steps to prevent data leakage, loss and tampering.
(5) Abide by domestic laws and regulations and other standards on the protection of personal information.
(6) Make this policy well-known among our employees and enhance their awareness on the protection of personal information with high-ranking officials taking the initiative in setting an example and by providing training to all our employees.
(7) Assess and review our personal information protection system, which includes this policy and related regulations, on a regular and continuous basis as part of our efforts to improve the system.